In its 2015 report International Data Corporation (IDC) says that mobile internet users will top 2 billion in 2016. Another study by Forrester Research says there are already 3.92 billion internet users going to 2016. The 2015 Cisco VNI Service Adoption Forecast on the other hand predicts internet users will quadruple in the next 4 years.
Gen Y Finances: 2017 could be most successful year in your life!
The Rich Online Market
What do these numbers mean for your business? The obvious takeaway from these studies is the fact that the internet is the future of commerce. If your business is not leveraging these growing numbers then you are in for a rude shock. According to eMarketer over 80% of modern shoppers go online to compare prices and identify different service providers.
Whatever type of business you are running you need to have a WordPress site to support your operations. This not only improves your brand’s visibility but it also gives you a wider market reach. Going online means you can market your brand 24/7 even with limited resources. In essence, you can fight even with the biggest brands in the world.
Tapping the Market with WordPress
Take a second to try this; search for anything on Google and check the first 10 search engine result pages (SERPs). All of them are WordPress and this shows that the popularity of this content management system (CMS) is no fluke. Search engines love this CMS and for your business site you need to leverage the potential offered by WordPress.
It is not only easy to start using but you also don’t require HTML skills to make edits and publish content. The ease of plug-ins installation also makes this an ideal system to use for any type of business. WordPress is also cheap to build, has a large number of developers creating plug-ins and themes and its menu management offers extended functionalities that can even be modified to suit your unique requirements.
The Big Data Dilemma
However, there is a catch; once you go online you need to control your data because it will grow with time. A study by Data Management Association (DAMA) in 2014 shows that over 50% of online businesses fail because they do not manage their data. Every comment, post, edit, customer query that is made on your page adds to the volume of data you have to handle.
With time, your WordPress database becomes bloated with information. Your site is now susceptible to technical issues that come with increased volumes of data. While it is true managing data on your website is easy with WordPress you need time to constantly be on watch. As a busy business owner this might not be possible and your visitors will start experiencing slow loading time, broken links among other issues.
What do you do with this big volume of data? The solution lies in hiring an expert who can remotely handle all issues to do with your WordPress’s MySQL database management system. Remote database administration is considered far better than hiring an in-house specialist for many reasons.
These experts work remotely meaning you will not have to worry about office space at your company. What’s more they save you money and time that would have been spent in training your team PHP and MySQL skills. They will also ensure your site has no downtime which according to Nielsen Research loses businesses over 87% of online sales.
With 24/7 technical support you are assured your WordPress site will always be functional which increases sales conversion and consequently ROI. There is so much more these experts do and you can click here to know more about remote database administrator services. But how do they manage all this? Remote DBA services use tools that are optimized to keep your database in tip-top shape.
Some of these tools include:
- Under-the-radar monitoring: When dealing with your increasing data remote DBA services appreciate the important of seamless monitoring. The last thing visitors want s to experience errors or slow loading on some pages due to ongoing monitoring. Non-invasive monitoring ensures seamless site operation.
- Prompt reports: As the client you need to know how well your database is performing. DBA experts use robust reporting tools that are able to collect survey and samples. These are then compiled into reports which you receive.
- State-of-the-art dashboard: This is one of the most outstanding tools these services provide. An intuitive dashboard gives you every detail of the ongoing administration process meaning you never lose out on anything. At any time you can easily log in and check what is going on at that point.
- Alert systems: The best way to fight a WordPress data issue is to identify it beforehand. This is easy with DBA services because they have alerts which are triggered by technical issues. It becomes easier to remedy the problem before it exacerbates.
- Real-time resolutions: Technical errors on your site are solved as they happen because of the alert systems. Online users abhor non-performing websites and even a second’s delay can turn them off. Real-time remediation ensures this doesn’t happen.
The place of remote DBA services is invaluable for your WordPress database. You should never risk running your site without having someone watching over your growing data volume.