The market survives on effective persuasion. Whether you are a salesman or a fresher looking for new job opportunities or even an advertising agency, impression is a primary quality you need. To sell something to the customers, you need to be convincing and cogent. Email persuasion is one such aspect of growth for a brand. A persuasive email depends upon various aspects that involve what you want to say, and when you want to say it. Here are some tips to be persuasive enough when it comes to sending out influential emails:
Gen Y Finances: 2017 could be most successful year in your life!
- Sending an email any day of the week may not fetch strong results as such. For example, Mondays are most likely not great days, and most people don’t open their emails until Tuesdays (we are strictly talking about the corporate world population only). So if you wish to inform anything to a client, don’t do it on a Monday. Once you have sent your complete details on a Tuesday, you give them enough time to revert back by the end of the week, say by Thursday or Friday. Because no one has the time and energy to respond or agree to a decision on the very same day.
- People tend to notice emails that arrive around their lunch hours or breaks.
- Make sure your language is formal, yet simple. Persuasion is easier when the clients are able to relate to you.
- Remember, when you are requesting something for something, you need to explain to them why you are making that request and how agreeing to that request can be beneficial for them also.
- You can give certain examples of previous clients to make the situation more relatable.
- “Make an offer they cannot refuse.” You should be able to carve your words in such a manner that they are mind blown by your request. But, then again, avoid any lengthy, long explanations of the same. Just enough to keep them hooked in.
The key to effective persuasion is through consistency and perfectly spoken words. The whole industry works on this culture of verbal manipulation to generate interest. The only way to get people to do what you want them to do is through persuasion. We’ve all watched ‘Perfume’, a criminal persuades everyone to free him just because he releases a fragrance that blows their minds.
It is all about the convincing power that businesses have survives in this industry somehow.